Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Empire of Imagination, By Michael Witwer

Actually, one of the most enjoyable reads in my life-time, Empire of Imagination: Gary Gygax and the Birth of Dungeons & Dragons by Michael Witwer, is a book about a man who changed my thinking forever, and my interest in gaming, reading, and writing

Meet Ernest Gary Gygax, the godfather of Dungeons and Dragons! This book is both adventurous and very human.

If you've ever wanted to know the real man behind the influence of all fantasy-adventure games, books, and film, then you will read this book.

As my blogging and tweeting in the past (beginning in 2008) made some popularity among my 900+ followers on Twitter and Blogger some years ago, and on the subjects I wrote about (DnD, Vin DnD[Vin Diesel and Dungeons and Dragons], fantasy-adventure, and retro-games), I think that it is important to give credit where credit is due.

All the credit of role-playing games belongs with E. Gary Gygax. (9Portals is merely a portal router system intended to play alongside and within any role-playing game. Without Gary Gygax, such a system as 9Portals would be without a place in the world. In fact, I would never have thought of it!).

Like many others who enjoy role-playing games, I'm just a participant, hoping to keep alive the great work E. Gary Gygax did for all of us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment